MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-02-2001, 01:10 PM   #1
Blaster
Registered Member

Question H-pipe power gains w/my combo??

I was wondering if it would be worth the money installing an aftermarket H-pipe given my present combo of edelbrock heads, pulleys, headers,dynomax mufflers and e-cam. I still run the factory H-pipe with the front cats hollowed, and the rear cats removed. Would I notice any difference,over my modified stock pipe asides from sound??
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:17 PM   #2
bada$$lx

Straight h-pipe or off-road (do you have to worry about emmisions?)? Front/rear cats??? You lost me. Anyways, IMO, I wouldn't choose that as my next mod. I'd go w/ gears, pulleys, subframe connectors, and intake, before I swapped out for the new h-pipe.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles;FMS 3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside weld-on subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini 3" turbo hood;A/C delete;gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS custom chip;Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat intake (12.299 @ 113mph w/ a 1.78 60')
....soon to be b
Old 10-02-2001, 01:24 PM   #3
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Blaster,

I'm in a very similar situation to yours. I've gutted the front cats and removed the rear cats as well. I know that I'm not going to spring for a new pipe until I get my combo finished.

As far as power gains, you will probably see a few hp due to the exhaust not becoming so turbulent in the hollowed out spaces where the cats used to be. Also, if you did an X-pipe, you'd likely pick up a few more and a great sound to go along with it.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote