MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-01-2002, 12:37 PM   #1
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Angry Harmonic balancer trouble

Hello everyone. I'm currently doing a cam swap and I'm trying to take off the harmonic balancer. In the process of taking it off, only the outer part of it came lose. Now I can't get the smaller piece off, because when I turn the harmonic balancer puller, it just turns the whole motor! What to do?

-Suave
Old 12-01-2002, 02:36 PM   #2
chassebr
Registered Member

Default Re: Harmonic balancer trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by 90LxDroptop
Hello everyone. I'm currently doing a cam swap and I'm trying to take off the harmonic balancer. In the process of taking it off, only the outer part of it came lose. Now I can't get the smaller piece off, because when I turn the harmonic balancer puller, it just turns the whole motor! What to do?

-Suave
I had this same problem when I was installing my underdrive pullies. I had the pulley puller on the crankshaft pulley and was trying to remove it. I didn't know what was going on and then I looked real close and noticed there was a washer on the crank pulley. Removed the washer and then it pulled off just fine.
chassebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 07:26 PM   #3
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Default Re: Harmonic balancer trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by 90LxDroptop

-Suave
Hummm, two pieces? As far as I remember when I changed my balancer its a one piece unit. There is an inner and outter section, but there pressed together and not ment to come apart. Sounds like you ruined the balancer. Now, not to put you down, but did you remove the crank bolt inside the center of the balancer? This needs to come off first before you try removing the balancer. Remember its reverse thread too.

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 11:06 PM   #4
drtbiker
Registered Member

god george do i have to come over and show ypu how to do that to...... come on now j/p if i would stop blowing you off ur car would be done already. I just have no time

later
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE
Don't do burn outs in reverse it is very expensive
New times with dead hook on dr's 13.27@103 with 2.0 60 foots w/100lb system

Fastest time to date: 12.8@113
drtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:49 AM   #5
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

I got it off!.lol. It was just being real damn stubborn. Installed the new trick flow cam and timing chain. Time to put this thing back together!

- Suave