MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
suprchrg'dstang
Registered Member

Default Has spark and fuel pressure, won't fire.

Been awhile since I posted, but the combo has changed a bunch since I started. I just rebuilt the block and added lots of goodies. it is turbocharged now and I had just finished everything(over a month to finish) and had the car running with the old 76mm C&L MAF. My buddys friend is a tuner and flew in from California last week. They were driving it around the block a few times. Well something took a crap. Now the car cranks but wont fire. It does have spark cause I checked that. I can here the fuel pump prime and fill the fuel lines. Timing was set when it was running when I left the car to them. I haven't replaced anything but the spark plugs. I cleaned the distro cap and had the module tested. I mean if it gets a spark then its not electrical is it? I just dont wanna start throwing parts at the car for no reason.

-This car has no emissions
-IAC has less than 5k miles on it
-Fuel pump is Walboro 255lph less than 5k miles
-FMS 42lb injecters less than 2k miles
-Accel 300+ ignition and coil less than 500 miles
-ABACO MAF was sent w/ 42 lbs tune already on it by Anderson FMS

Thanks for any help you can give, I lose sleep over this thing not running...

Last edited by suprchrg'dstang; 12-15-2009 at 10:11 PM..
suprchrg'dstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
goodyear1984
Registered Member

Default Re: Has spark and fuel pressure, won't fire.

well if your sure its sparking then prolly not a ign mod. i know you said fuel is comming out but u shoud still check the pressure to make sure its good just to rule that out.a few other things to check out would be compression.maf sensor, usally if there bad you can unplug the maf sensor and it will start.let us know what you find or if u need more advise
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
^best et so far 11.6 1.61 60ft coming soon 9sec et's
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
goodyear1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
v8-7
Registered Member

Default Re: Has spark and fuel pressure, won't fire.

Was the distributor pulled out and of so , are you sure you didn't stab the distributor in 180 deg out of phase ?

TDC on the compression stroke ?
v8-7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: