View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
StockRustang
Registered Member

Default head/cam question for a stock shortblock motor

i have a 308, basically a stock rebuilt type of deal.
i was wondering what would be the best head/cam combo to run with it? i have a comp cam right now, .512/.512 lift (the higher duration one). but i might be selling it to my friend.

im looking at 2 heads in particular, TFS twisted wedge and the Jegs casting 2.02's ( 2.02/1.60, 58cc, 170cc intake, clears stock pistons with up to .550 lift cam). obviously im looking at both for piston to valve clearance, i like the idea of the jegs heads being 58cc opposed to the trickflows that are 61cc. as far as cams, will what i have work out good with this setup? im thinking about selling the comp and just going to FTI for a custom grind. my goal with the car is somewhere in the 11's on HP.
car is basically full suspension, GMS rear controll arms, 50/50's, 90/10's with 4cyl springs up front stock in rear, PA k-member & A-Arms, 8.8 with 4.10 and a spool, backed by a t-5 on a 26'' slick.

with the given info what would work out best for me?
all opinions welcomed.
85 GT-currently: 8.8 with 4.10 and richmond spool, 31spline strange axles, Ties, GMS rear controll arms, stock rear springs, 50/50's, 90/10's up front with 4cyl springs, PA K-member and A-arms, and a motor i still cant decide what to do with.
StockRustang is offline   Reply With Quote