MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-12-2001, 12:35 PM   #1
Jeff7477
Registered Member

Post Head Help: Part 2

Ok, last time I was having trouble getting the power steering pump off, but now I have that solved, and have ran into a few other things.

1:Where are the Coolant Plugs in the Block. I can't see them, and I sure can't reach them.

2.In the struggle to get the Drivers side head off the car, a bit of coolant/dirt/carbon mix fell down into the cylinder. What should I do? How should I clean it? Is this gonna **** up my car now?

3.After taking the heads off and examining them, I noticed a few things about the combustion chambers. 3 of them are perfect, but one is verycarbonized. The exhaust port is covered in some type of thick white carbon, rest of chamber is black. That cylinder has also been running lean.

Any ideas would be helpful.

------------------
Black '90 GT. Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back.
Jeff7477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 12:44 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

The coolant plugs are located in the back of the heads. You can just take a shop vac and clean out your cylinders, it will be fine.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 05:12 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

Well the heads and the block have coolant caps. I mentioned where the block one's where at but the head ones are on each end they are the circular area right next to where the bolt of the alternator or power steering was at. Don't worry about coolant falling in happens most of the time just stick a rag and soak up as much as you can.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote