MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-23-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Default Mac Ceramic coated headers?

anyone know where to buy Mac headers that are ceramic coated? or some place that has the option of having them ceramic coated?
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Ive never seen mac ceramic headers. They have what is called hts coatings on them, which is a coverup for high temperature spraypaint. This is fine, but dont scratch them on the install(virtually impossible). I scrathed the hell outta mine, and now they are rusting.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:15 AM   #3
V8Mustang
Registered Member

As far as I know, MAC does not have ceramic coatings yet - maybe someday. Also, the HTS officially stands for "high temperature silicon" and is spray applied.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:03 AM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

yes..i know mac dose not have ceramic coating..but i thought some place might ceramic coat them and sell them for more...like they get the mac headers and ceramic coat them for you..or if you want them ceramic coated they can do that

i know there are places that do ceramic coating but i dont wanna have to buy the headers then send them off somewhere else to have it done
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #5
Scrapla
Registered Member

I totally agree I have MAC coated headers and they suck, they got scratched, they show every little bit of oil or dirt that get on them and they rust, install was a pain on my equal length shorties.

RICE HATERS MEMBER #73
Scrapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:29 PM   #6
Mustang_289
Registered Member

We've got MAC long-tubes with the HTS coating - I was debating on whether or not to spend the extra money and get them ceramic coated. Choose not to - BIG mistake on our part. Headers are now starting to rust after one year of being on the car.

The following link will Jet-Hot coat any headers you send them regardless of condition. They will clean blast them them Jet-Hot coat them:

http://www.jet-hot.com/home.html
Mustang_289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:22 PM   #7
drudis

I bought mine from ??? (dont remember, Muscle Mustang? Maximum Mustang?).
Anyways, they came JetHot new:
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 06:15 PM   #8
dustang90
Registered Member

Quote:
installation on equal length was a pain
Well yeah they are a pain, on a stock 87-93 motor, the passenger side has smog pump tubes in the way, the key is to remove the smog pump and tubes or jack the right side of the motor up to make room for the headers, those smog pump tubes are a *****, they even get in the way of the #4 spark plug