MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-31-2002, 08:49 PM   #1
Johnny Fort
Registered Member

Default Headers without individual primaries?

My leaky header gaskets are starting to get annoying so I thought I would just go ahead and get some nice headers on there and throw on the h-pipe that has been collecting dust in my basement for a few years at the same time. I plan to get 1.5 inch unequal length for ease of installation and cuz new heads are not in the works so don't try to talk me into 1 5/8ers.

My question is, what headers do you all recommend that are not of the individual primary breed? Basically I want the ones that have the backing plate connecting all the tubes at the head. I seen a few people pulling individual primary headers off cars for one reason or another and then they can't get them back on because the metal has warped. I am looking a Summit insert in 5.0/Super Ford and I see some Hedman's that have the plate connecting the tubes and are $99. This seems low. Any ideas?

What are some good gaskets and where can I get them? Thanks for all the help, my car wouldn't run without you guys.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:12 PM   #2
andy669
Registered Member

If youre just looking for a cheap header, I'm sure you have several choices. FlowTech, Heddman, MAC, will probably all suit you.

For gaskets I always get stock replacement manifold gaskets. I HATE the paper header gaskets.

andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 02:44 PM   #3
gtsr515
Registered Member

Well if you must have a "flanged" header I recommend some of the JBA products, I won't try to talk you into 1&5/8's but I definetly recommend equal length.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:25 PM   #4
PONYONE
Registered Member

Default Re: Headers without individual primaries?

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Fort
My leaky header gaskets are starting to get annoying so I thought I would just go ahead and get some nice headers on there and throw on the h-pipe that has been collecting dust in my basement for a few years at the same time. I plan to get 1.5 inch unequal length for ease of installation and cuz new heads are not in the works so don't try to talk me into 1 5/8ers.

My question is, what headers do you all recommend that are not of the individual primary breed? Basically I want the ones that have the backing plate connecting all the tubes at the head. I seen a few people pulling individual primary headers off cars for one reason or another and then they can't get them back on because the metal has warped. I am looking a Summit insert in 5.0/Super Ford and I see some Hedman's that have the plate connecting the tubes and are $99. This seems low. Any ideas?

What are some good gaskets and where can I get them? Thanks for all the help, my car wouldn't run without you guys.
Hedman makes a great header for your car. Under $100.00 plus it'll boost you economy!
PONYONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 10:41 PM   #5
Barrfight
Registered Member

BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK BBK

i think bbk would make a good choice

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives