MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
phychogt40
Registered Member

Lightbulb HELP 5.0 problem w/ idle and brakes

Hey I have a 95 gt. I have a gt40x crate engine in it with about 600 miles on it. (e-303 cam, gt 40x heads, rockers, ect....) I recently put 30lb injectors in it with a MAFS. I am having a couple problems:
1) It is idling at about 500 rpms(how do i bump up the idle)
2) When the car is in park(yes its an aode) and i tap the gas the rpms go up but they stick at about 3000rpms for serveral seconds. That can't be right. This only happens when the car is warmed up. My trans is slowly going down, and i dont know if that is the problem.
3) When i got the car back with the new engine in it the brakes suck. Especially when im going less than 10mph it seems like i have almost no brakes. I am not getting enough vacume. Ford says its "the large cam" but it isnt a "large cam" and most cams shouldn't cause that problem.

Any suggestions would be helpfull. I appreciate it.

Also if anyone has a transmission I could use. Let me know.
phychogt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #2
MDM
Registered Member

what is your vacuum reading @ idle/low RPM when you are having trouble with the brakes? With this information, we should be able to help disgnose more effectively.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:05 PM   #3
phychogt40
Registered Member

Default vacume

I'm not sure what the vacume is reading. How do i check that? The vacume seems to matter more how fast you are going more than the rpm's. But if i had to give an rpm range I would say between 500-2000rpms. The faster the speed the quicker it stops but when it gets below 10mph the brake petal is completely stiff and hardly slows down. (I have allready had a minor fender bender) Thanks a lot for the help.
phychogt40 is offline   Reply With Quote