View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 07:31 PM   #14
venumus93
Registered Member

Cool Done deal!!!!

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the new electronics(bosco: it's the plastic thing on top of the mass air meter, has 2 screws & 1 wiring clip attached to it, easy to replace! ask any local speed shop who may have one locally, that's how I found mine, & you NEED it!)installed last night, went for a crusie, & took it easy for about 20 miles of driving. It idled fine at stop lights, & accelerated normally on an easy going cruise(once again, too many cops out last night!). Starts fine this AM, took 19month old son to daycare, then got on it hard on the way to work. NO HESITATION! it's got all of its usual 'giddy-up' & more! It feels great again. I even launched it from a light & it pulled great thru 5500 RPMs in 1st 7 2nd gear. So, I guess the A9L needed it's own elctronics for the mass air meter for this C&L tube calibrated for 24lb injectors.
Trey, I still have a pop between shifts, and I did before, but before the swap the exhaust was very rich smelling. Now it doesnt smell, but I have some popping. I have timing at 15 degrees right now. Car feel strong, so I'll get it on the track ASAP & let y'all know what happens.(by the way, I found 100 octane last night on my cruise..would this help with my combo?) Thanks for the replys! Later!
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
3.55's, flo's, pullies, C&L
1/4: 13.985
60': 2.088 (street tires)
MPH: 99.58
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote