MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-20-2001, 01:33 PM   #1
95Convert
Registered Member

Post Help! Detonating bad

I have a '95 with all the timing issues involved with the computer for that year. I have tried every mechanical solution to solve the problem. I will be running at the track tomorrow to get a baseline for the car. Would 104+ or similar octane boost be a temporary fix, or would it mess with the sensors and cats?
95Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 06:15 PM   #2
95Convert
Registered Member

C'mon, this is too easy not to get a reply. I need to know before tomorrow.
95Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 08:04 PM   #3
stanger8172
Registered Member

Talking

Did you try loosening the 1/2 inch bolt that holds the distributor down and retarding the timing? First, take the chip out that goes to the distributor. It is grey on my car, right underneath the distributor and it's housing connects to the wires that go to the distributor.Then after loosening the distributor just turn it counter-clock-wise, tighten it to desired place and put the chip back in. It is important to take the chip out first before retarding or advancing(clock-wise rotation). Hope this helps! Let us know if it doesn't, k?
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 08:07 PM   #4
stanger8172
Registered Member

104+ Octane Boost may not be enough of a fix for you. First try retarding the timing. I don't believe it will mess with the sensors or cats. Good Luck!
Old 07-20-2001, 10:06 PM   #5
stanger8172
Registered Member

So you are running for the first time tomorrow? Have fun no matter what your time is!

Have you removed your front sway bar? cleaned your air filter?

Lower your air pressure in your rear tires. I browsed through your vehicle listing in the User Ride's section and you state that you have low profile tires. I would lower the pressure 5 psi.

Can you drop off the spare tire and whatever else is in the trunk at the track? You have to shave some of that unwanted weight before you race (including the front sway bar)

Do Not Granny Shift! keep your foot on the gas when shifting, no matter if you have a automatic or stick.

You have a kick*as m*f**kin car and don't let anyone else try to tell you different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!