View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #10
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: HELP disappointing time slips!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwesser
38#'s high 7's all motor?? HELP ME I figured I'd run 8.20's too and I studied up b-4 I built my combo so I don't get it??
I rechecked my fuel pressure 2-day and it was up to like 45#??
I havn't touched since sun. so I dunno?
but if the plugs are not looking rich at 42# would you lean it out more?
I looked at 2 of them 2-day and the looked more tan than whiteish as they did at the track on Sun.
Your fuel pressure has little to do with your air to fuel ratio. Your ecu will compensate for changes in fuel pressure by adjusting the pulse width of the injector accordingly. You can pick up HP at the dyno by playing with the fuel pressure but the ECU will quickly adjust and you will lose the little bit of HP that you gained. The only way to have true adjustability is with a TWEECER or similar piggy back system.

I ran a 13.59 @100mph with my #4 injector unplugged I sure was happy when I figured it out and ran 12.60's @107 the next time out. Hopefully its that simple for you.

*Do a compression test.
*Check firing order
*Check all the injector plugs
*Make sure your timing is advancing 20 degrees past initial when you rev it.
*Make sure you MAM is calibrated for your injectors
*Check your TPS voltage
*Pull the codes

If it still is running slow after all that then my best guess would be that the cam is off a tooth.

If you have stud mount rockers you also could have a valve too tight and have a dead cylinder. The compression check will reveal if thats the case.

Good luck!!!!!

BTW: What is your compression ratio.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote