MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-27-2001, 09:57 PM   #1
redhotrod
Registered Member

Post help I have questions

Help....! I currently own a red 1993 red 5.0 Ford Mustang 5-speed, and bad luck has haunted me. I have had the car since september and bad things keep happening. so here it goes . 1) I lost it in a curve and hit and slamed in a curb shattering my rotor, front wheel falls off, and bends an axle.... (Question A) Should I pay the money for Moser's or something and what spline, (Question B)should I take this time install 3.73's, but I need to find out where to get the stuff needed to correct my spedometer
2) I let my girl drive the car, and somehow pulls the e-brake too hard and rips the e-brake line support from the transmission tunnel. A local mechanic reweilds it but it keeps dragin on the driveshaft, I tell him this and he informs me that my crossmember is bent slightly? I admit it did before, just not so bad (Question C) Should I get a new crossmember, or somehow redo the lines and get rid of the support all together.
3) Hesitation. I always had a slight hesitation at WOT, but it got alot worse quickly. I changed the plugs, cap , and rotor, with marginal success. I just replaced the fuel pump and cleaned my air filter, which made a real difference, but it's still there. Sometimes when it got WOT, I would hear a sound like a backfire, but queiter, just a pop. (Question D) can anyone help
4. Now just plain questions.
(E)Are equel length headers worth the pain and hassel, aka when changing sparkplugs
(F) Will a stang pass a emissions test with two of the cats gutted (One broke and one had some persuasion)
(G) will a rearend from a 99' Mustang GT fit in my LX?
(H)Does the Mass Air Senser need to be grounded(the housing)
Sorry for the long list my mods are=
- catback flowmaster
- BBK air pipe with filter
- B&M Ripper Shifter
Thanks
redhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 08:29 AM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

Ok, I'll work backwards cause you later q's are easier.
(H)Uhh, not looking at my car, but other than the connector that goes to the mass air sensor, it needs nothing.
(G)I'm pretty sure that its the same 8.8, and aught to work.
(E)In place of the stock, anything is. If your looking at new headers check out some long tubes, you need a new H but I've heard its worth it
(F)No idea, probably not, but as I said above, you could go w/ longtubes which require a new H. You could get the longtubes, an H with high flows and be set!
(3)Check your throttle position sensor (TPS), http://www.mustangperformancetech.ho...TPStuning.html
(2)Bent cross memeber eh? I dunno about this, but your best bet is probably to go grab one from a junk yard and replace yours.
(B)On the gears, get those installed by a good mechanic, it requires special tools, you can get the speedo gear from many mustang shops (texasmustang.com, mustangsunlimited.com)
(A)The stock axels are 28spline, I don't know what else you have to replace if you change them (diff?) but you may want to make a trip to the junk yard again.....You didn't ask about the front rotor/spindle I guess you have that under control?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:41 AM   #3
Green92LX
Registered Member

OK...I'm not gonna label my answers like DINO, but here ya go:

I think it will could pass emissions, but as long as the mods stay mild.
Don't go waiting $$$ on 31 spline or anything like that for your combo, but DINO is right:make sure you go to a respectable shop for the gears
You will have problems with getting the speedo accurate with a 93 tranny due to the 8 tooth gear on your tranny, I'm having the same problems with my 92...the only gear they make to work with the 8-tooth self-destructs.
BBK Equal length shorties are mint, they look good and they fit perfect. No worries about wires or plugs
Go to the boneyard and get a crossmember...its easy enough to swap.

AND KEEP YOUR OLD LADY AWAY FROM THE CAR!!!

------------------
1992 LX:V-1 S-Trim ,Edelbrock 6037 Heads,Cobra Intake,E-303,1.6 Rollers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP,24 lb injectors,MSD 6A and BTM,BBK equal length shorties,offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath Mufflers,Pro 5.0, 3.73's,Motorsport "C" springs,welded subframe connectors,Ponies w/ 225/50 Nitto NT 450's on front,255/50 BFG Drags out back,93 Cobra Spoiler
Daily driver 89 Coupe:BBK shorties,offroad,flowturds with dumps,soon to be cyber green
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 03:04 PM   #4
dinomite
The Dude

How much difference is there in capacity between 28 and 31 splines? what else do you have to change? How much is it?

Just call me TNT
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote