View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Default Re: help me choose a trans. auto or 5speed?

We're running a TKO II (pro-shifted) in my car, an old school Toploader (Also pro-shifted) in car #2, and against my constant beeeotchin, my bro-in-law is puttin a slush box in the 3rd car.

If you really want to go with a stick, then DO IT. Who's telling you that auto's are better? The guys running auto's. Sure, at first you're gonna be "learning" the car, when to under shift cuz of something stupid you did etc etc etc. It's a dyno proven fact that standards are faster, and eat up less horsepower than automatics do. Keep in mind that seat time makes up for inconsitancies too, you'll learn what to do if "that" happened, or you spun more than usual, etc. Don't worry about the horespower either, that's a myth. Walt at Pro Motion has me hooked up with a kevlar clutch that is good for 800+ ponies, and he's at all the FFW events. Ask Mr. Chambers. He runs an auto, but I bet he knows about the stick cars (albeit clutchless next year. WTF?) in his class.

Just think of the long run here, when you're standing in the winner's circle. You can tell the second place guy driving an automatic, "Here, hold my trophy while I kiss your girlfriend!"

Beat 'em with a stick! If that's what you wanna do man, then just do it. YOU'RE driving the car, not all the other guys.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote