MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2001, 12:47 PM   #1
SHaFT7
Registered Member

Angry help me please! i can't figure this out!!!

i've got a 91GT. the only mods are a 70mm BBK TB, K&N, and flows, and no cats

my throttle likes to stick @ either 1500 or 2000 very often

i could be driving up to a stop light and when i push the clutch in or just drop it into neutral, the idle goes up to 1500 or 2000 and just sits there

also when i'm just driving around, if i push in the clutch, it'll idle way high, and its not an up and down idle, it sticks right at 1500 or right at 2000. and my idle is set at 700

now, it only started doing this since it got cold, and i've only had the car since july last year

i cleaned out the TB w/ seafoam from o'reilly, i hand cleaned the area right around the throttle blade. i checked my TPS sensor, it said .75v, so i adjusted it up to .965v

here's the worst part though, it doesn't happen all the time, its sporadic. I'll come off the highway after awhile and its a 50/50 chance that it'll idle normal or high. i've had it change between lights that were a block apart. this is driving me crazy!!! what else can i do to fix this??

.................thnx

------------------
SHaFTed
SHaFT7 is offline   Reply With Quote