MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Default Help! Need a Cam!

After much consideration, I think I can get The Hellraiser on the road this summer with a little "pee pee" 302. I literally have EVERYTHING we need, except a cam.

"Stock" E7 heads, so I'm really looking for an F cam, E is acceptable. Other than that, we're good to go, unless one of you has an extra radiator laying around. Car has already been "modified" to fit the 2 core (1" cores) "Summit" brand.

C'mon guys, hook a brutha up! Help me get the Scarelane on the road this summer!

(P.S. I like "Scarelane" better than "Hellraiser"! )

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
Coupe50h
Registered Member

Default Re: Help! Need a Cam!

With stock heads, a cam will do you no good, unless you want the sound, maybe minimal gains, not worth tearing down the motor imo. The e-cam is definately a good street cam, probaly the only cam besides stock i've ever run, but i like it for lowend/midrange, with more topend then stock, and sounds killer mean with dumps.
But i have ported heads to take advantage of the extra valve being open time good luck...
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe50h
With stock heads, a cam will do you no good, unless you want the sound, maybe minimal gains, not worth tearing down the motor imo. The e-cam is definately a good street cam, probaly the only cam besides stock i've ever run, but i like it for lowend/midrange, with more topend then stock, and sounds killer mean with dumps.
But i have ported heads to take advantage of the extra valve being open time good luck...
I'm with ya bro. Understood. This is the "get it on the road" motor, but the way I am, it at least has to SOUND nasty. Not lookin to set the world on fire, just lookin to drive the dream car. Once we get the 40+ year old car on the road, we're gonna throw the 600+ HP stroker at her.

At this point, all we're lookin for is I GOTTA DRIVE IT!!! Literally, I've wanted this car since I was 8 years old. I'm now 36, the car is in the garage, and the ONLY thing keeping it off the road is an F cam. With me?

It's all good!

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:30 AM   #4
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Do you want to run a stock style radiator? I just realized I told you I was going to hook you up with a guy that is a ford encyclopedia....with his own little junk yard of fords (he loves those darn comets) and never did. I can always call him and see what he has laying around.

No help with the cam, but I will keep my eyes peeled.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:29 AM   #5
tmoss
Registered Member

ebay might be your friend - also, cruise the sale section of the Stang boards.......
88Gt 5spd Vert, FLowmaster Catbacks, stock cam advanced 4° @ 108.5° ICL, NMRA prepped GT40P heads 1.85/1.55 valves and 1.7 rockers, MAC P headers Jet-Hot coated, 97 Exlporer intake (ported lower), TB and injectors. 277RWHP/330RWTQ (SAE).

http://www.fastlanecars.com/
tmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #6
bailey_57
Registered Member

e cam with e7's i had the unfortunate experience of an F cam with stock e7's. It sounded cool if you enjoy the death gurgle noise cars make right before they stall. E cam all the way, i love mine.
performer rpm intake, performer rpm cylinder heads, fms e-303 cam, kirban adj fp regulator, holley 65mm tb, harland sharp 1.6 roller rockers, alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears (283 rwhp, 303 rwtq new numbers with new heads)
bailey_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:29 AM   #7
82 GT
Import Slayer

Well...it's not an F cam but it's an E cam. Check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...QQcmdZViewItem
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: