MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2003, 05:37 PM   #1
93coupe1
Registered Member

Unhappy HELP!! No Fuel going to motor

I just converted a 1993 mustang lx 4cyl. to 1989 5.0L MASS AIR
Everything works except no fuel going to motor- In other words the fuel pump isn't even kicking on. I checked the relay and there is juice going to relay and I have checked all my ground wires but something is still out of place. If you can help - feel free to send me a email jlhommel@earthlink.net

Thanks
93coupe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Check the fuel cut off switch (inertia switch). They have been known to cause problems.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:48 PM   #3
93coupe1
Registered Member

Can I just cut it off and splice the 2 wires together 4 temporary
I'm getting juice to the fuel pump relay and I jumped the wires on it to bypass the relay. I will try the same with the switch. If that doesn't work anymore recommendations.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:02 AM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Originally posted by 93coupe1
Can I just cut it off and splice the 2 wires together 4 temporary
I'm getting juice to the fuel pump relay and I jumped the wires on it to bypass the relay. I will try the same with the switch. If that doesn't work anymore recommendations.
I am sure you could, but I dont recomend it. There is a reason for that thing. If you get into a collision, it could be a life saver, but do as you please.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 12:39 AM   #5
PEPE
Registered Member

Default fuel

I have a friend that had the same problem as you didand i believe that the fuel pump on the 4 cyl. eng the does not pump same as a 5.0 does. what i did is replaced with a 190iph fuel pump and the problem was fixed.

part # bbk-1606

hope this inf. helps
PEPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 01:52 AM   #6
93coupe1
Registered Member

The fuel pump isn't even coming on and there is an annoying buzzer coming from inside the dash - I believe its because the air bag sensors are unplug and maybe that could be linked to the fuel pump. I attempted to reconnect the air bags but the harnesses are different from 4 cyl to v8. We attempted to connect them to what we believe was the connector for the air bags sensors still nothing. So we got in behind the heater controls and found a circuit board of some type and disconnected it and the buzzer went away. But still no fuel pump kicking on.
Tomarrow we are going to run a wire off the hot wire on the fuel pump relay directly to the fuel pump and go from there. If anybody has any recommendations before we proceed please let me know .

Thanks
Old 07-17-2003, 03:40 AM   #7
PKRWUD

If you have power going to the relay, but you don't have power coming out, try replacing the relay. If you bypass it, you're going to be running way too many amps through your ignition switch. As Caymon wisely mentioned in reference to the inertia switch, it's there for a reason.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 01:03 AM   #8
bottlebaby91
Registered Member

Check to see if you have power on the red wire on the mass air. If there is power you should have a pump. If there is no power to that red wire, there is a brown connector on the driver side near the firewall near the computer hook up, this may have fallen off or come disconnected. This brown connector feeds power to everything in the car fuel related, inertia switch, mass air, injectors, fuel pump, ect.
bottlebaby91 is offline   Reply With Quote