MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2001, 10:30 PM   #1
redhotrod
Registered Member

Post hesitation/ bad luck

Help....! I currently own a red 1993 red 5.0 Ford Mustang 5-speed, and bad luck has haunted me. I have had the car since september and bad things keep happening. so here it goes . 1) I lost it in a curve and hit and slamed in a curb shattering my rotor, front wheel falls off, and bends an axle.... (Question A) Should I pay the money for Moser's or something and what spline, (Question B)should I take this time install 3.73's, but I need to find out where to get the stuff needed to correct my spedometer
2) I let my girl drive the car, and somehow pulls the e-brake too hard and rips the e-brake line support from the transmission tunnel. A local mechanic reweilds it but it keeps dragin on the driveshaft, I tell him this and he informs me that my crossmember is bent slightly? I admit it did before, just not so bad (Question C) Should I get a new crossmember, or somehow redo the lines and get rid of the support all together.
3) Hesitation. I always had a slight hesitation at WOT, but it got alot worse quickly. I changed the plugs, cap , and rotor, with marginal success. I just replaced the fuel pump and cleaned my air filter, which made a real difference, but it's still there. Sometimes when it got WOT, I would hear a sound like a backfire, but queiter, just a pop. (Question D) can anyone help
4. Now just plain questions.
(E)Are equel length headers worth the pain and hassel, aka when changing sparkplugs
(F) Will a stang pass a emissions test with two of the cats gutted (One broke and one had some persuasion)
(G) will a rearend from a 99' Mustang GT fit in my LX?
(H)Does the Mass Air Senser need to be grounded(the housing)

Sorry for the long list my mods are=
- catback flowmaster
- BBK air pipe with filter
- B&M Ripper Shifter
Thanks
redhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote