View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Whitesnake95
Whitesnake95

Question High ide, red headders.......HELP

Idle problem:
I recently ran 50/50 mix of Chevron 100 no lead and 91 grade fuel, this is the second time I did this with the car really running great. Read on…
The TPS is getting a 5 volt signal no matter how I position it on the throttle body ( I have an adjustment plate ) or even when I unplug it and take a direct reading from the connector. The idle air control vale checks in limits with 9 ohms reading. No engine check light.
My engine is idling at 14-1500 all the time, when first started there is a low moan that may be coming from the air pump (hard to tell with all the crap under the hood). I also noticed my headers starting to get red, I am afraid to take it anywhere because of his problem and I don’t trust a lot of the locals with the car. I have done most of the modifications myself and it has performed flawless, I would like to keep it that way…….
Help……any suggestions ???

1995 5.0 GT, 5 speed, Cobra R intake, 70mm body, Vortec SQ kit, MSD-6, coil, Ceramic shorties, Flo- Masters, 2.5 exhaust system, pulleys, the usual suspension mods. 65,000+ miles
Whitesnake95 is offline   Reply With Quote