View Single Post
Old 01-26-2001, 02:09 AM   #5
rbatson

The latest trend I've noticed is more compression and less power adder. Some have done this with good results. I really don't plan on adding much more boost to my ride(daily driver) but I could because I have 9:1 compression.

After I read about a guy that ran a higher compression and about the same boost as I run with great results I started wishing I had done that. It really hasn't caught on yet, but it will. You might want to call a good engine builder and discuss it with them.

Actually this reminds me of JMS. I remember reading about this guy that was on a budget and added only the essentials and a Kenne Bell blower. Then he started screwing with the computer. He was able to get around 100hp more out of that white coupe, messing with the computer... Now look at him..

Most will tell you low compression for a power adder combo but times are changing. Hey you could always build a low compression engine and then push up the boost.

If you build a higher compression engine you may not need any boost at all. Example.. My cobra has 9.85:1 compression(I think). What compression does the infamous LS1 have? I don't remeber exactly but I can tell you its over 10.5:1... Someone please correct me.(Hmm.. time for another beer) Sorry for rambling..