MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-26-2004, 01:48 AM   #1
westridez
Registered Member

Default highway patrol 5.0 are they stock

im getting a 89 5.0 coupe x cop car for parts cause it was a theft recovery does anyone know if they got anything speacial or are they just stock
Old 10-26-2004, 08:58 AM   #2
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default Re: highway patrol 5.0 are they stock

there are some differences. i know for sure that they have heavy duty cooling, which includes a different fan clutch. they might have better brakes, unsure. they also included a more powerful than stock alternator. the rest of the board members will give u all the info u need
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
mpj76
Registered Member

I bought mine back in 96 with 62K miles for $5000 at auction. It's a 1991. The coolant lines are blue silicone (still original), the alternator was 130 amp with external regulator (replace with G3 rebuild ASAP), 160mph speedo, trunk release button under and left of steering wheel, a "donut" style oil cooler sandwiched between the filter and block with coolant running to it (makes you use shorter filter), polyeurethane bushings, full size 10 hole spare wheel with mounted tire in the trunk. I also heard that it has a reinforced flloorboard, different AC components, and chip. I've heard from others that they had no special chip, and I can't confirm the floorboard or AC stuff. My AC does, however, have 180K miles on it in Florida and still works great. My fuel pump has always been loud, so maybe that's different too (I don't know). Mine has power windows and locks. It also comes with a spotlight, a bunch of holes in the dash, roof, and trunk lid from removed electronics, and a ragged out T5. It continues to run like new.
mpj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:25 PM   #4
westridez
Registered Member

this is a canadian car if that makes a difference