MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-2001, 01:10 PM   #1
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Question Holley Systemax II are they any good?????

Are they as good as they say, (12.18@111.5) on a full weight 1990 Mustang.

Excessive Motorsports sells a Ported set for 600$ more and they say 11.70's with that. 400+ HP

I am also thinking about getting a Supercharger (9PSI) can I with a Holley Systemax II?

------------------
1988 LX 5.0

Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack

Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks

Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles

Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back

Brakes: Maximum Motorsports Brake System Upgrade Package

Cooling: 3
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 02:31 PM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Do a search on this topic as it has been disussed a lot and they will have all the info you need.

DONT BUY FROM EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SCREW YOU

I love my kit and I went 12.60 @ 108 with bad valve seals and guides with a 2.48 60ft, I am looking for low 11's this year with the combo below. I also plan on adding a big blower by next year, the kit will love it between the high flowing intake and heads.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 04:18 PM   #3
Stang Runner
Registered Member

{DONT BUY FROM EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SCREW YOU}
They are all most 300$ Less than others. How could they mess it up all thay need is to ship it!! I might port it, some time.
Old 05-16-2001, 07:29 PM   #4
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang Runner:
{DONT BUY FROM EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SCREW YOU}
They are all most 300$ Less than others. How could they mess it up all thay need is to ship it!! I might port it, some time.
First off they will tell you it will ship in a few days which will turn into months then you will get the parts MAYBE and something will be wrong. There porting looks like it was done with a dull soup spoon, trust me. It took me 3 months to get back $21 for a wrong speedo gear, if you post about Excessive you will see the large amount of responses from people who have been screwed. I just read about a guy who is still waiting for his $$ from a set of ported Canfields he ordered from them, after 6 months he finally receved the heads, only to find them damaged, ported into the water jacket, he is still trying to get his money and is going through the local State Department to try to file complaints against them.

The kit makes the 350HP they advertise, my friend dynoed at 300RWHP which is just abotu 353 at the fly whell with the basic kit. Although I had head issues in the beggining my new set was different so I think the problems have been fixed, then cam is a monster and makes good power but I went custom to get more out of my combo.

I would order the standard kit from Summit $2100.00, you will have it for sure in a matter of days.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 08:37 PM   #5
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Wink

Thanks, I will get it from there!
Old 05-17-2001, 12:00 AM   #6
Fostang
Registered Member

Just bought a set of those heads for $550. Brand new in the box. The guy that I bought them from must have been the coolest chevy guy I've met. He had so much crap lying around I was like man "What I couldn't build with all these pieces!" He had a weiand centrifugal blower in one place, B&M in the box tranny overthere, Carbs here, not one but several Nitrous kits still in the box overthere. A cutom built tranny way down there. Out side of his house looked like a race track several burn out marks and he was on his way to the race track as a matter of fact.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote