MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
marileesbadasspony
Registered Member

Default Hose Problem

Thanks guys for your help with my fuel pump problem. I tried really hard to do it myself, but eventually I had to call in some help. Got fuel pump replaced and it is all good.

In the process, however, the heater hose came disconnected. This happened when we were attempting to set my tach. It was set for 3000 and should have been 5000. Anyway it was late and the stores were closed. The guy who helped me had a hose that he forced on there. It was a little small and, bluntly, was a bitch to get back off. Got the right hose and replaced it myself. The positioning of the hose has not allowed me to tighten the clamp though. The 1/4" hose runs from the manifold, behind the motor and between the firewall and the motor. It is such a tight squeeze that my hands are sore today from pushing them down in there. And I have small hands.

My question is what am I looking at in that area? What are the other hoses and where do they go? I have it on there and started it up. It was secure but something is still leaking in that same spot. Can you help me again with a dumb question?
marileesbadasspony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
mpj76
Registered Member

Default Re: Hose Problem

The stuff leaking is antifreeze. Those hoses route hot engine coolant into the heater core. Its basically a small radiator that the climate control system blows air over to give you hot air in the winter or less cool cold air when blended. Don't be too rough with those connections or you'll risk damaging the core, possibly causing an engine coolant leak inside the car.
91 Coupe: FMS 1 5/8 unqual shorty's, BBK off road X-pipe, Super Duty T5, Pro 5.0 short shifter, 2.73 rear, G3 alt, MSD coil, dist, no smog pump, oil cooler, 195K miles, 14 deg timing, 23 mpg city/29 mpg highway @ 65 mph.
mpj76 is offline   Reply With Quote