MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2002, 02:20 AM   #1
nitrousjunkie
Registered Member

Question how about a revese flow cooling system?

i was thinking (a dangerous thing for me) and my thougts ran across the lt1 revers flow cooling system. the lt1 motor runs the coolant through the heads then through the block. this allowed them to run higher compression and more agressive timeing. now i figure with electric water pump like the meziere (www.meziere.com) remote water pump you could remove the t-stat and water pump. leave the t-stat housing and make a mainfold that links the coolant passages on the front of the motor to one out let that would now contain the t-stat. take the electric water pump have it draw from the lower rad hose location on the radiator and pump into the the old t-stat houseing. thats about it.
it should allow us supior mustang owners to up our compression and run pump gas sucessfully and make more power. what do you guys think. i will give meziere a call. hell ill probley test this out. any body else what to see what they can do with it please do and post your results.
nitrousjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 03:07 AM   #2
WADS56
gear banger

It sounds cool, but would it be worth it? What is the CR on the lt1's 10.5? Do you know for sure that the lt1's could not run on pump gas without this system?
I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, I would think think that someone would of thought of that by now or done it if it helped any.
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 12:45 AM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

I'm very skeptical. I truly doubt it would provide better cooling. Worth a try if your not losing anything.
89'GT-Supercharged,Heads,Cam,Intake,TB,MAF,power pipe,headers,offroad exhaust,black bullits.
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote