MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2003, 12:18 AM   #1
gonnagetagt
Registered Member

Default How to adjust my clutch

I would like to state this ahead of time. I am new to Mustangs and stick cars, so if this seems like its a stupid question, I'm sorry but I'm a newbie.

My car has a Centerforce clutch installed in it and I have a problem. To get the clutch to fully disengage I have to push the clutch all the way to the floor extremely hard. If I don't do this the gears will grind trying to go into reverse. The same is true for the forward gears except I don't have to push quite as hard.

My question is, is there anyway to adjust the clutch? If so how do I do it and what is the best way to set it up. By setting it up I mean how far should I have to press the clutch to get it to disengage?

Can someone please help me? I think the only way to adjust the clutch is to have an adjustable clutch cable and a firewall cluch adjustment. Is this true? If so where is the best place to get the best deal. Thanks for any help

Last edited by gonnagetagt; 03-30-2003 at 09:07 PM..
gonnagetagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:08 PM   #2
gonnagetagt
Registered Member

ttt
gonnagetagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:59 AM   #3
drtbiker
Registered Member

Well basically it all depends if you have a aftermarket cable or the stock cable. It also depends if you have a stock quadrant compared to an aftermarket one.

1- if it is stock all you have to do is pull up under the clutch pedal and you should hear a click if you hear click then you are all set.

2- IF it has an aftermarket clutch cable on it you can adjust it underneath the car by the bellhousing. THere is a little cover where the cable goes into. Basically you take off the cover and then you can adjust it from there

later
raini
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE
Don't do burn outs in reverse it is very expensive
New times with dead hook on dr's 13.27@103 with 2.0 60 foots w/100lb system

Fastest time to date: 12.8@113
drtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
drtbiker
Registered Member

my vote is for summit if you want to order the quad and the cable
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE
Don't do burn outs in reverse it is very expensive
New times with dead hook on dr's 13.27@103 with 2.0 60 foots w/100lb system

Fastest time to date: 12.8@113
drtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:20 PM   #5
richd
Registered Member

Just a note on shifting into reverse....

1) stop car completely
2) Shift into a forward gear (I use 4th)
3) Then shift into reverse, without engaging the clutch inbetween.

Reason being there is no syncro for reverse. Putting it in another gear first stops everything from rotating.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:08 PM   #6
1bad89lx
Registered Member

Push the clutch pedal all the way down and then pull it all the way up. It should adjust. I had to adjust mine this past weekend.
Flowtech off-road H-pipe
Mac Exhaust
Lakewood 50/50 shocks
Underdrive pulleys
3.73's (near future)
1bad89lx is offline   Reply With Quote