MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-07-2002, 08:47 PM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default How much does it really cost to build a 600 HP 5.0 compared to 900 HP(Forced Induct)

Ok this probalyl sounds stupid but i was jstu kidna lookgin over stuff and it really seems around 600 HP is when you really need to have forged evrythign a 4 botl main block and everythign is basically made to take a hell of alot of punishment.

I see cranks for over 1000 HP and not really nay numbers for other comps thoguh but still i figure aorund the same.

So my questions i actaulyl pretty simple wince you have basicalyl bought the best parts for your engine you can buy and lets say its at 500 N/A which is a pretty stout combo but may actaulyl be streetable now slap on a turbo or supercharger.

Someone posted osmewhere at aroudn 15 PSI indcution its abotu twice the densisty i thnk so in theroy 1000 HP right but it woudl probalyl be maybe 100 horsepower less due to stuff i jstu dont knwo about. hehe
SO bump it to maybe 17 or 18

Anyway since the motor is basically built to be a beast anyway is the cost diffrence realyl that much?

I kinda figured not to much more it would be more if anytign broek boom or the engien woudl wear alto faster and i mean alot.

What do you guys think abotu all that?

Also lets say it has something liek stock cam specs would i actualyl be abl to drive it on the street? I have no idea what crazy compression the car woudl be at but i ioamigne race gas woudl be a must but how many horses do yu think i coudl actulaly get for a streetable 93 octane combo. 700?

I know there are people on the street with over 600 RWHP

Any Insights?

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:06 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Let's start with this little question:

How much do you have to spend?
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:20 PM   #3
vetteeatr
Registered Member

**** man did you not know im bill gates?

In reality yeah im sure it aint gonna be cheap but its not liek i plan to make one of these every year and then lose 20 g's by selling it the next year its gonan be a one time thing and maybe in 30 years or so when they have 1.3 liter QOHC FIJLHSD-TEC 1800 HP engiens i may decide to think about changing.

I figure I woudl be able to spend around 35k on a car to make it what i want actually probally more in reality .

Also i would be doing all the work myself for the most part. I know shop time aint cheap so how about an estimate more on parts.

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Old 11-08-2002, 12:16 AM   #4
Coupe50h
Registered Member

put it this way, that much boost is brutal to a head gasket, yea the forged parts may hold, but you would be looking at a low compression motor to run serious amounts of boost on a "600" hp engine.

600 rwhp is not to common on the street here, there is a few around here, but they only come out so often, because they are usually broke, one of them is an ls1 t/a with a vortech, and a lil juice, he puts close to 600 to the wheels with both power adders.

And you say 500 hp n/a "5.0"? are you talking a hyd cammed, streetable compression engine? no way, not n/a.....

a 408 stroker, with some hefty work can get you that, you need cubic inches, or power adders to achieve anywhere near 500 n/a.
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:38 AM   #5
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Actualyl i forgot to mention storkign it to 347 but i actaulyl knwo a guy that even live sin this town with a streetable 500 horsepower RWHP 350 not stroked a bit.
so i woudl think its possible.

I also know of a crazy guy witha little MG midgit with a built 302 in it Basically A complete RPM package and a littel bit of this and that and he has like 435 RWHP. Scary Guy You shoudl see his boat.

But Ive been highly considering just goign with a 351 anyway and probally stroking that.