Thread: How to be cool?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 03:03 PM   #16
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Few questions and comments:

1. Try a 180 degree stat and you might be surprised that it will run cooler. With a large 351 the 160 stat will run in an open loop the whole time the engine is running at tempature. This won't give your coolant a chance to cool down in the radiator before going back into the engine.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a cowl hood suck air OUT from under the hood at the windshield? not in. Physics tells us that fast air(above the hood) is at lower pressure than stagnant air(under the hood). so as you go faster and faster there is less pressure on top of the hood than under it, this should create a sucking effect at the windshield. This in turn allows for more cooler air to be brought in the front of the hood. Someone please correct this idea if I'm wrong. This is just the way I always thought it worked.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote