MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-09-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
LeKiD
Registered Member

Lightbulb Airbag light is always ON

when i buy my stang in 1997 it have a 89 steering wheel , now i put back the airbag steering wheel and column , since my airbag light is always on ,never turn off since i have the car . I cheke fuse , all connection and evrerything seems to be ok . no beep at all from diagnotic monitor . how can i pull dtc if my light did not turn off ?? . anybody can help me
LeKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:55 PM   #2
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Seeing as it came with a different steering wheel when you bought the car, it was probably in a accident. The airbag control modules are usually junk when this happens and need to be replaced along with the airbags. Only way to get the DTCs is if you have a scanner capable of accessing the module. The autozone beeping type wont work. You need a Ford scanner or Snapon MT2500 or equal. Autozone can only do Powertrain codes. If you dont have one of these scanners or a friend with one your best bet is to go to a ford dealer. hope this helps
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote