MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2001, 12:28 PM   #1
gray87GT
Registered Member

Post How to hook up?

When I get my car back with the 3.73's in there, am I gonna have HUGE wheel spin problems? Do you think a set of drag radials will be enough to get a decent launch? I have SSM liftbars but don't have them on since I don't have the cash for a new tranny right now. What do you guys think I should do? Thanks

------------------
87 GT, BBK shorty's, offroad H-pipe, ASP pullies, 70mm T.B., Cobra intake, no smog pump, Windsor Jr irons, Comp cams 1.6 rollers, F303 cam, H.D. export W.P., Tri-Ax, FMS subframes, Battle boxes, SSM liftbars, FMS King Cobra clutch, mass-air conversion, 73mm C&L, 24lb injectors, BBK fuel pressure regulator, 3/8" no EGR spacer, and other piddly sh*t.
gray87GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 12:46 PM   #2
bada$$lx

Cool

The drag radials will help alot. If you know how to ride the clutch out, you'll be OK. But, what I've heard is effective, and what I'm planning on, is upgrading my upper & lower control arms and adding a traction bar.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; 190 lb fp; FPR; TFS track heat Intake - 12.513 @ 112 mph (Pre-inj/fuelpump/FPR/intake)
Old 05-08-2001, 05:01 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

Ok, MANY people have trouble with this, people who drive all types of cars in fact! When you get the new gears, he11 even with the stock gears, you cannot just floor the car on launch if you are running anything but a slick. What you have to do is experiment, NO OTHER WAY TO DO IT! Just get moving with little/no throttle (you may find it easiest to start moving at idle, and then get on the gas real quick, depends on tires) and then slowly add throttle. You have to play around to get this right, figure out how many revs you can launch at, and then figure out how fast you can add throttle. Bottom line, if you get wheelspin, LET UP just a little bit so that the wheels can catch. If you are spinning your tires, your not going NEARLY as fast as you could be.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote