MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-27-2001, 02:15 AM   #1
pedal2metal
Registered Member

Post Thoughts of upcoming combo please!!

Guys I think this is what my new combo will be this summer. I will be ordering all this stuff within the next couple of weeks and was just hoping for any last comments on what you think (changes/ideas?) and maybe what you guys think I will run/ hp guesstimate. I know I've asked this beofre but a few things might have changed since then so take a look.

Here's what it should be! (remember though, I am considering adding a turbo next year.

TFS Track Heat intake
TFS Twisted Wedge heads
TFS pushrods
FMS 1.6 roller rockers
<93valve covers massaged to fit (hope this works!)
FMS 65mm TB
custom cold air intake to fender
WMS 2" tubular subframe connectors (from firewall to the torque boxes)
stock bottom end
3.73 gears
used Nitto DRs (245s)
Mac 1 5/8ths shortys, off road H-pipe, cat-back
no front swaybarhome made back seat delete
relocate battery to trunk (Taylor box)
Mac underdrive pullys
Smog pump deleted

Thanks guys for listening, I hope you will have some input on this. This is my first build up and I want to do it right!

Chris
pedal2metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 02:27 AM   #2
rtz
Registered Member

I'd get BBK shorties instead of the Mac ones after reading this: http://www.mustangworks.com/interact...ML/016713.html

Also, what cam are you going to be using?
rtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 02:30 AM   #3
Mont
Registered Member

Looks good. If your thinking about running high boost, than I would think about o-ring the block and heads since everything going to be apart. Just my 2cents

------------------
89 LX Supercharged DSS 357, 11 lbs Powerdyne, Downs Box intake, ported GT-40x heads, lockwired, Crane Cam 1.6 rockers, Crower cam, Oil cooler, Moroso oil evac kit, Taylor 10mm wires, MAC 70mm T/B, 30lb injectors, Vortech fuel rails, Pro M 75mm Mass air, Vortech T-Rex Fuel pump, 255lph intank pump, K&N, Cobra R radiator MSD6-BTM, Lakewood bellhousing, Tremec Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter, MAC headers and X-pipe, Dynomax race mufflers. Dyno at 556hp to the wheels.
Mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 12:32 PM   #4
pedal2metal
Registered Member

rtz, I read that post. I guess I am one of the lucky ones because I've owned my full Mac exhaust system for 2yrs and even drove it through a harsh Canadian winter and it still looks good. Sure the HTC is coming off in a few places and there is surface rust but that can be easily fixed. My chrome tailpipes look as good as they did when I first bought the kit. Not a nick, scratch, or rust pocket. You just really have to care for them.
As for the cam I will be running I was going to stick with a stock one since I want to go turbo in a year or so but now I'm beginning to think maybe I should throw something in there. People have been recommending the E-cam, F-cam and Crane 2031(I think). How are these cams N/A???

Chris
pedal2metal is offline   Reply With Quote