MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-2002, 07:06 PM   #1
james87gt
Registered Member

Default help car lost all bottom end

I have an 87 with some bolt ons but anyway the car has no bottom end at all any more I can't even chirp second or fishtail a turn. If I stump on the gas it feels like the clutch is slipping but its new the motor sounds like its going really fast but just revs up slow and then it pulls pretty good up top it also backfires sometimes when I get on it. Iv checked everything I can think of so if you have any ideas please post them and im sorry for the description of the problem its hard to explain, but basically if I punch the gas the car does not pull it revs up slow and then at like 3000rpm it starts to pull.
james87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 07:27 AM   #2
lx mike
Undescribable

What boltons do you have?? what gear ratio? does it do this in every gear?? Tel us a little about your car so we can help you.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
fiveOguy20
Registered Member

ya if u have really small gear, it will kill ur acceleration.. also if ur bolt ons are miss matched that could be an issue as well
fiveOguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 01:46 PM   #4
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default Did you rewire your plug wires recently

I am putting the finishing touches on my new engine and am running into the same problem. I have yet to figure mine out, but my engine is brand new, and I don't have any bolt ons that would cause this. It seems to pull a little harder when the plugs wires are rewired. Maybe someone with more technical advice could help, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in concerning the bolt ons. Post the solution, if you figure it out. Take care, Keith

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 02:15 PM   #5
Simi Stang

Default help car lost all bottom end

james87gt-
This might not be the technical advice that Kamaro Killer was looking for...but I think you're problem may be a clogged fuel filter or clogged injectors. My wife's 92GT that she used to have lost some serious power, both top & bottom end, but more on the bottom. It ended up being clogged injectors. The backfiring could be cause by a clogged fuel filter or bad plugs, wires, cap, rotor.