MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-23-2001, 04:24 AM   #1
95 King GT
Registered Member

Post I got a new E.T

I finally broke into the 14's , I ran a 14.67. In about two weeks i'm going to put a cam in and a intake on. any suggestions on what kind of cam for an AUTO,
95 King GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 07:44 AM   #2
Five0
Registered Member

Unless you are just doing it for sound I would wait on the cam because it is likely that you will not gain anything and possibly might even loose some.

What are your current mods?
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 12:46 PM   #3
95 King GT
Registered Member

Mods: U/D PULLEYS , HEADERS, H-PIPE, 2.5 FLOWMASTER CATBACK, CUSTUM CHIP,MAC COLD AIR INDUCTION, MSD COIL,PRO-M 75 mm, 65mm TROTTLE BODY, I JUST BOUGHT A TRICK FLOW INTAKE TODAY, AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF CAM TO GET AND I WANT TO GET SOME ROLLER ROCKERS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT RATIO TO GET, I WILL BE GETTING SOME GT4O HEADS IN ABOUT A MONTH, I WILL BE CHANGING MY TIMING CHAIN BECAUSE ITS WORN SO I WILL JUST PUT IN A CAM WHILE IM AT IT
95 King GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 04:53 PM   #4
John
Registered Member

I would wait on cam and intake till the heads come(if its going to be a month)no sense in doing things twice. If its gonna be like ayr or more then do the intake cam swap but pull the heads and get a valve job and new springs. I just did my intake and cam a couple o weeks ago, I had the heads decked .010 and 3 ang. valve job w/ single crane springs locks and retainers. I might not be able to rev 7 grand but I sure hit the rev limiter alot lately. As far as not gaining or losing thats BS, since the swap i am now having to upgrade my drive train (add HP= replace weak parts).

------------------
89 Notch: ASP Pullies,
K&N Air,Transgo shiftkit,Trans. cooler,FMS 3 core , FMS 4:10's, 1.5" cowl, cold air kit, hooker shorties(jet hot coated), O/R H-Pipe, ASP solid mounts, Energy Sus. Trans. Mnt. BBK 70mm TB, MSD 6al, Dual elec. fans, 5.0 Firepower Kit, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, Flowmasters, 73 mm MAF, cobra intake and crower #512 cam,
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 09:49 PM   #5
Five0
Registered Member

If you are getting heads you might as well go ahead and get the cam.

If you get the cam while you are near stock you will be trading low-end torque for mid to high-end hp and if you do nothing to the heads or intake you will not pick up enough to make up for the low end you lost.

That can end up hurting your ET, but if it does help it, it will not do as much as it would if you had heads and intake.
If you are putting that intake on and getting heads soon I would not worry about it, but I do agree with john as far as waiting to do it all at once.

As far as the BS comment I did not appreciate you saying what I said was BS, if you have an opinion and disagree with me then say it but don't call BS. Sorry I've been fuming about it since yesterday when I read it.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
No good times with 347 stroker yet!
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote