MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-02-2002, 11:56 AM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Default I Hate Leaks

This one's real cute. With around 150 miles on the engine I noticed that at 3500- 4000 rpm's I could hear a noticable "hissing/squealing" noise. The other day I looked at my lower manifold and noticed that it was a little discolored. I also noticed that my heads were discolored under where the headers are bolted in. So I ran the car, trying to finally enjoy the thing while breaking it in. So I noticed a scent of fuel and, can you believe it, my AN fitting (where the braided fuel line meets the fitting), was leaking. It actually formed a small black puddle in one of the valley's in the lower manifold. Oh well!! Looks like she'll be on the shelf over the holiday as no one around here sells AN fittings and Summit can't deliver until Friday. And I still haven't been able to locate the small leak that is dripping down to my bellhousing. I HATE LEAKS!!
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
PKRWUD

But it starts, and it runs good, and the battery stays charged, and.....

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Very true, very true.

Like I always say, It could always be worse! Looks like I'll be bringing that fire extinguisher with me all the time.
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Old 07-02-2002, 03:54 PM   #4
explicitone
Registered Member

is the threads leaking or is the fitting cracked did you try putting teflon tape on the threads.

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 07:47 AM   #5
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

The original problem that I ran into last year was that the fitting that goes into the rail was leaking...either I screwed it on too tight or the Cartech rails weren't properly machined. To solve this I put some liquid Teflon around the fitting which seemed to resolve the problem. Now it seems to be the 90 degree AN fiiting that is screwed into the fitting that I described above that is leaking at the swivel. The funny thing is that I noticed the fuel leak once my cats were removed and I could hear a funny "loose/leaking" noise coming from under the hood at 3500-4000 RPM's, which is right where the engine starts to make HP. I don't like that noise whatsoever and I hope this fix eliminates the noise, because something ain't right.