MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

Default I just Got a Novi 2000, what other stuff do I need, Please read, Thank U :)

Hello everyone,

I need some advice. I recently got a Novi 2000 w/ a powerpipe. I've been hearing mixed things about running a supercharger with my set up which is, 255lhp bbk fuel pump, adj fuel regulator, Alumi. elderbrock performer heads w/lock wire, 30lbs injectors, 80mm mass air, e303 cam, the cobra intake, aluminum radiator, longtubes. My question is, can I run the supercharger with the 8psi pulley it comes with, without anymore mods, or what else do I need? Plus, people at work be saying my engine is old and to be careful, I have 65,000 miles on my 1995 Cobra. They said I need to improve my bottom end, what does that really mean? Do they mean the crank and pistons. If so, I ain't got the money for awhile after buying the supercharger, will I be okay to still run my supercharger or can I change my pullley to a 6psi without hurting the Novi 2000 design. Somebody at work said if I put a 6psi pulley on my Novi 2000 it will hurt it. Any help will greatly be appreciated, I really don't want to hurt my motor, but I understand that superchargers will hurt my motor without the proper mods. But I want to run my SuperCharger soon, like a few months. Any advice what to do, to help me will greatly be appreciated. Thank you!!!
My so called Mods are: 30lbs Injectors, 80mm Pro-M, E303 cam, Aeromotive Adj. Fuel Regulator, ElderBrock Performer Alumi. Heads w/Locwire Gaskets, Alumi. Radiator, Alumi. Drive shaft, Mac LongTube headers, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, Bassani Quiet thunder mufflers. Steeda sport springs, KYB struts and shocks. Mac fenderwell induction system thing. Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter and 3.73 Gears.
RedCobra/95 is offline   Reply With Quote