MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-20-2001, 08:15 PM   #1
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

Unhappy I need any advice or help to fix my '95 driveability prob, Thanx a bunch.

I own a 1995 Cobra Mustang w/ a 5.0 engine with 55,000. My mods include a recent tune-up, a MAC induction system and 255lph BBk fuel pump. My problem is my car engine turns it self off when its idling at stop lights and when driving it jolts and turns it self off and then back on. I brought it to the dealer and told them the problem, they hooked it up to the diag. computer, They said the car was just fine and they tested the mass air flow sensor and it was perfect.

Please if anybody has any advice or help I would greatly appreciate it, I love my car and I want to drive it. P.S. this problem accured before my mods. Thanks again
RedCobra/95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 08:22 PM   #2
jimberg
Registered Member

Are you one of those guys with a huge set of keys? If so or even if it isn't so, I would check your ignition switch. Try wiggling the keys while you are idling and see if it cuts out on you. If it does, just replace it.

This is something that wouldn't show up on the computer.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 12:01 AM   #3
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

Smile

Thank You sir for your reply, I will give this a try, and let you all know in the morning.

Thanks again: From: RedCobra/95
Old 08-21-2001, 03:05 PM   #4
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

Unhappy

Well I gave your advice a shot, but darn no luck. Thank you for the tip. This problem is very weird, it only happens when the car is in a bad mood. It will do it one day straight or it won't due it for a whole week. It seems to happen from the point of start up to about an hour of being on. The Ford dealership, let it idle for 4hrs and nothing happened. But the day before it did die and act up, but they couldn't find a problem when they hooked it up to the diag. computer.

Well thank you for your time and for the tip.
If anybody has anymore suggestions please let me know. Thank you From: RedCobra/95
Old 08-21-2001, 03:40 PM   #5
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

I would lean towards the TPS but that should/would have turned up when they ran the diagnostic check.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension, SPEC stage III clutch, Lakewood SFI bell, S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! <B
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 04:45 PM   #6
bada$$lx

Cool

The same thing happened to my car a few months back.....but it was right after the intake/injectors/fp went in. I don't know if it's causing your problem, but that 255 lb pump seems quite big for your set up.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')
Old 08-21-2001, 05:09 PM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick 91GT:
I would lean towards the TPS but that should/would have turned up when they ran the diagnostic check.

That's what my first guess would be too. My car was stalling at lights, etc, but the TPS voltage was too high. It did show up on the KOER test, but not the KOEO or the continuous memory test. It still has a problem when the A/C is on.

Does there seem to be any correlation between the A/C and the problem?

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:21 PM   #8
95 King GT
Registered Member

I have been having that problem to, it turns out to be a loose negative battery cable, check it , mine looked like it was on tight , but after a little tighting it fixed it.
95 King GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 12:16 AM   #9
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

Smile

Thanks to everybody for there help and advice, I will give it all a try on Saturday. the 25th of Aug. I cross my fingers to solve this prob. I'll let you all know on the status. Thanks again.

P.S. I just found out through Car Fax, that my car was recalled for a lemon law, per Ford. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder why?
Old 08-24-2001, 12:56 PM   #10
SSgt_Carey
Registered Member

Lightbulb

If none of things that you try work then look for this. I own a 95 and haven't really got into the workings of the computor, but I also own a 87 plymouth voyager and it had the same problem that you are discribing. It's problem was the vacum line going to the map sensor. It reads barimetric pressure to determine the correct fuel air mixture. so it could be bad, cracked vacumm line or your fuel pump could be pushing to hard and its not getting the right amount of air to burn correctly. You could try and put a regulator on the fuel line and start downing the fuel pressure to see if you can find the happy medium..hope this helps you out
SSgt_Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 12:58 PM   #11
SSgt_Carey
Registered Member

Lightbulb

If none of things that you try work then look for this. I own a 95 GT and haven't really got into the workings of the computer, but I also own a 87 plymouth voyager and it had the same exact problem that you are discribing. It's problem was the vacum line going to the MAP sensor. The Map sensor reads barimetric pressure of the air to determine the correct fuel air mixture. so it could be bad, cracked vacumm line or your fuel pump could be pushing to hard and its not getting the right amount of air to burn correctly. You could try and put a pressure regulator with PSI gauge on the fuel line and start downing the fuel pressure to see if you can find the happy medium..hope this helps you out
SSgt_Carey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: