MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-11-2001, 10:27 PM   #1
wolfman
Registered Member

Post Need advice for troublesome 70 Mustang.

I have a bit of a problem and was hoping somebody here might have some advice, sorry its a bit long.
I have a 1970 Mustang Grande that has been a real pain lately. For the last three years or so it has only been running for about a total of 50 days between brake problems, starter problems, Carboreator problems and what not. I finished fixing the carb, let it run for 5 minutes, then went to work came back, and it won't start, even after basic trouple shooting(battery, cables, posts, starter relay all good). It was pretty much the last straw, I'm tired of dealing with it, and just want to get rid of it, So I was hoping for advice on the best way to get rid of it.

It has the current starting problem which I don't think is too big of a deal, but I just don't can't deal with right now. While I had it running it was creating a lot of smoke in the engine compartment, which might have been crap that was spilled burning off, but I have a feeling the Exhaust manifold was leaking. The suspension is original and real old, so it doesn't handle well at all right now. The body was rusted out, and all of the lower panels were replaced and it was repainted from its original color, but looks good now. The Vinyl on top is spliting where the seams come together of the trunk, and the cloth on the seats is fairly well worn through. With all that and it having the 250 S6(which leaks a bit) and automatic, I realize that it isn't the most collectable of Mustangs, but it is still a Mustang, and it looks pretty good, and only has 60K miles.
I know that without actually looking at it, nobody can really appraise it, But I was hoping somebody could give me an approximation of what I should try to sell it for, or whether it would be worth it to just get somebody to fix the big problems
(I don't have enough time to play with it myself) and sell it after. I'm not looking to screw anybody, and I don't want to get screwed myself, I just want to get something out of it. Or if anybody knows of any clubs(I'm in Denver) that might know people looking for Mustang fixer-upers.

Thanks in advance.
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 08:19 AM   #2
driggins
Registered Member

Cool

I would take it to some one to get it running before I sell it. You can get more for a car that is running. It may be worth it to pay and get it fixed it could mean the differance between 1 to 3 thousand. What I mean is if it is not running you could loose up to 3 thousand on the sale price. The car sounds like it is in good shape and could be fixed up with out a lot of work. Just my thoughts.

------------------
66' coupe
200 inline 6 disk brakes and Ac
65' Fastback with 351W not finished
2001 V6 laser Red Tan inside
driggins is offline   Reply With Quote