MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2001, 10:31 AM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Question I need a crash course in NITROUS ED

I am right now looking at buying a nitrous system for my car. but I need some help I see that some of the kits have it where you just tap into your air inlet tube and some of the kits have it where you bolt a plate behind your throttle body.

The one that I want is made by Nitrous Works and uses the plate that bolts behind your throttle body. I always thought that the plate only sprayed out NItrous but after I read up on them I learned that the plate sprays out both Nitrous and fuel. Do you just tap into your existing fuel line and run it to the plate or what.

The Nitrous works kit that I want is adjustable from 50-175 HP. I wan to run the nos at about 125HP would this be OK for a stock fuel system and is nitrous works any good and also is installing a Nitrous kit easy or a pain.

I just ordered my 3.73 gears and today or tomorrow I will be ordering my Nitrous kit I am hoping to hit a high 12 I think that this is possible cause my car has 2.73 gears in it now so the gears alone should knock off damn near a second.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
best 60 ft 2.14, best 1/8th 9.65, best 1/4 15.2 @89mph, Stock gears and 3000+ Altitude
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote