MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-26-2001, 09:14 PM   #1
95 King GT
Registered Member

Post I need a little help.

well I thought I fixed my cuting out problem, my car would be just running fine and it would die in traffic, first time this happened I thought it was my negative battery cable was loose, but it kept happening. Its turns out to be my alarm. I sat along the side of the highway for an hour today because my car wouldn't start the alarm would just go off, How hard is it to take off the alarm? should I just have an alarm place do it.
95 King GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 01:58 AM   #2
smokedchevy
Registered Member

They somehow cut power out. I'd probably just take it to car stereo place and have them remove it.

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 07:15 AM   #3
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

i had the same problem a few months ago, car wouldn't start, and when i tryed to start it the car would shut down. no power to anything, lights radio power locks etc. then 5 minutes later the power would come back and the alarm would go off. come to fing out the wiring harness on the stearing colum was lose and shorting out. the alarm thought the car was trying to be hot wired and would go into safe mode. maybe the same thing is happening to u.

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote