MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-05-2002, 12:49 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Red face I need someone to come out the closet.

Do any of you know about Hondas I am turning my CRX into a V-tech engine and it sucks.

I tried getting help on an import site and they just kept telling me how they smoked mustangs when they were stock

If any of you can be of any help I would appreciate it if you would PM me or E-mail me @ Whitesteel23@hotmail.com

The stock head is ticking and rattling really bad and I figured instead of just repairing the 100 HP beast why not beef it up a little bit. So I bought a V-tech head, Intake and computer to put on the stock 1.5L block. It is nearly impossible to find a knowledgable ricer to help me out I thought that maybe one of you were an in the closet honda owner and could help me.

BTW....Before you start calling me a sissy its not my car, I bought it for my girlfriend

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 01:08 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Well I know abit about Imports well well the Astron G54b Motor But That will not help you to much hehe..
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 03:24 PM   #3
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Sorry, I can't tell you too much. My honda has a 1.5 also but its only running on 3 cylinders (bad ring)right now Mine has been rattling for about 15,000 miles. I'll keep changing the oil and drive it till it breaks. Then maybe a V8 swap. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck, James
2 Ch Flowmasters

1/8th ET 9.04
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 03:51 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I can figure it out it will just take a while.

If I cant figure it out maybe I will just get a V-tech sticker and a Type R emblem....It wont be any faster but at least it will look like it.

Later,
Old 06-05-2002, 04:46 PM   #5
PKRWUD

Just remember that Honda engines rotate in the opposite direction of traditional engines. This becomes important when trying to remove things like the crank pulley!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 05:42 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Just remember that Honda engines rotate in the opposite direction of traditional engines. This becomes important when trying to remove things like the crank pulley!

Take care,
-Chris
I have already been there when the timing belt broke about 10,000 miles ago....It was very hard to remove.

later,
Old 06-05-2002, 06:02 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Email inferno. He knows what's up with those things for sure. He was in the process of doing the same thing you are until he got his Supra.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 01:33 PM   #8
richd
Registered Member

Default beta.vtec.net

Hey Dark_5.0,

The ticking was probably the valve lash needing adjustment. Honda recommends doing that every 15k or so.

As far as the VTEC upgrade, you should check out vtec.net. They're currently beta testing a whole new setup, but it seems pretty stable. Go to the forums on beta.vtec.net. Post your question there. They're really cool people, much like those here on Mustang Works.

You might get the best answer if you direct your post at Shawn Church. He has a supercharged CRX and is VERY knowledgeable about Hondas. Tell 'em richd sent you, although they'll probably say "Who?". hehe

Good luck, sounds like an interesting project.

Rich D.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 04:59 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: beta.vtec.net

Quote:
Originally posted by richd
Hey Dark_5.0,

The ticking was probably the valve lash needing adjustment. Honda recommends doing that every 15k or so.

As far as the VTEC upgrade, you should check out vtec.net. They're currently beta testing a whole new setup, but it seems pretty stable. Go to the forums on beta.vtec.net. Post your question there. They're really cool people, much like those here on Mustang Works.

You might get the best answer if you direct your post at Shawn Church. He has a supercharged CRX and is VERY knowledgeable about Hondas. Tell 'em richd sent you, although they'll probably say "Who?". hehe

Good luck, sounds like an interesting project.

Rich D.
Thanks alot........I will check that out

Appreciate the help
Later,
Old 06-06-2002, 05:47 PM   #10
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Stuff a 302 in it. Cheaper parts, cheaper install...... So what if you have to sit on top of the block?

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote