MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
redsn95vert
Registered Member

Post IAC problems

I think my IAC motor just went on me....
I had just gotten off the highway yesterday after doing 115 for about 5-10 miles and as soon as I would come to a stop at a light the car would just die. It starts up fine, but as soon as I put it into gear it just dies. I had it at the Firestone next to my shop and a friend of mine was doing all of the diagnostic checks and we can't figure a single thing out. It's not giving me any codes. All we can think of is the IAC is getting stuck...
HELP

------------------
95 GT convertable, 3.73 gears,Catco Hi-flo h-pipe, Flowtech headders, Cobra intake w/ 65mm tb
GT40 heads, march underdrive pullies, Saleen wires, custom made cold air induction
redsn95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 06:56 PM   #2
evilmustang
Registered Member

That has happen twice to me. The first time, I did get the code regarding the IAC just remove it and clean it with Fuel injection Intake cleaner. I also used a can of compree air to help dry it up.
The second time I like you didn't get any codes. I did the cleaning but nothing, it still continue to happen. I then replace my cap, rotor, spark plugs, and wires. That took the problem away, i just hoped I had replace one item at a time to find out which was the problem.
evilmustang is offline   Reply With Quote