MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #1
shelby66988
Registered Member

Default Idle Problems

I have a 94 Mustang Gt with idle problems. The motor is bored 40 over, has a E303 cam, underdrive pulleys, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air(calibrated), cold air intake, flow tech headers, GT40 headers(port and polished), Cobra intake(port and polished), 24lb. injectors, 155lb. fuel pump, 373 gears, roller rockers, MSD distributor, 8.5mm MSD plug wires, and an IAC blockoff valve. I have the idle set upto 900 just in order to keep it running. If I turn the a/c on, the bottom will drop out and I will die. I bought the block off valve for the IAC because it is supposed to take care of the idle surges. It does but not with the a/c on. Istill am loosing tooo much vaccuum to keep it running. MM$FF has mentioned several times in their magazine that the 94-95 computer is not good for a larger than stock cam. I agree. They also talk repetedly about a company called ProFlow that makes an adapter to retro fit a 89-93 computer that will take care of my problem. I am not able to find their web site or phone number anywhere. If you know of them or anyone with the kit that I desperately need please reply with the info. Instead of running at the lights, I have to restart. What an embarrassment.

Need Info Bad

94down
shelby66988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:24 PM   #2
stang_racer20
Registered Member

pro flow is the web address for pro-m racing.

www.pro-flow.com
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:07 AM   #3
HISSIN50
Registered Member

Default Re: Idle Problems

what is the IAC block off valve? is it the spacer for surging problems? if you have the iac functional, what happens if you disconnect the IAC. if nothing changes, clean that thing up. you can check it out with a dwell meter, but it is a pain. clean it and see what happens.
also, when folks mess with the idle, that can create other problems. regardless of where you have the idle set, the puter will try to take it back to stock (~650 RPM). so you are messing up the puter (for some folks running the idle up seems to be ok; depends on the car and mods).

just my two cents worth. good luck.
HISSIN50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:34 AM   #4
punter
Registered Member

shelby66988

when I've had problems I checked out 2carpros.com and with idle problems they always suggest the 02 sencers, could be worth a look. Also if the ECT sensor is out of spec; it will cause the engine to idle low as if it were hot when in fact it is cold, a bit like starting it with no choke.