MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #1
shelby66988
Registered Member

Default Idle Problems

I have a 94 Mustang Gt with idle problems. The motor is bored 40 over, has a E303 cam, underdrive pulleys, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air(calibrated), cold air intake, flow tech headers, GT40 headers(port and polished), Cobra intake(port and polished), 24lb. injectors, 155lb. fuel pump, 373 gears, roller rockers, MSD distributor, 8.5mm MSD plug wires, and an IAC blockoff valve. I have the idle set upto 900 just in order to keep it running. If I turn the a/c on, the bottom will drop out and I will die. I bought the block off valve for the IAC because it is supposed to take care of the idle surges. It does but not with the a/c on. Istill am loosing tooo much vaccuum to keep it running. MM$FF has mentioned several times in their magazine that the 94-95 computer is not good for a larger than stock cam. I agree. They also talk repetedly about a company called ProFlow that makes an adapter to retro fit a 89-93 computer that will take care of my problem. I am not able to find their web site or phone number anywhere. If you know of them or anyone with the kit that I desperately need please reply with the info. Instead of running at the lights, I have to restart. What an embarrassment.

Need Info Bad

94down
shelby66988 is offline   Reply With Quote