MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-19-2001, 09:56 PM   #1
glxstang
Registered Member

Post Ignition wiring harness help!

I'm installing a new ignition harness that I picked up from FFRP (M-12071-A301). The connections were made to the coil, igntion module and distributor. I now have two bare wire ends that I don't know what to do with? I know that they are wired somewhere into the dash panel but where? Anyone ever do this before. Need help! Thanks.
PM
glxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 11:21 PM   #2
82 GT
Import Slayer

glxstang, I don't have an answer to your question but I need exactly the same wiring harness that you just bought. Where did you buy it from?(I don't know what FFRP stands for). Did you install it yet? I have mine all tore apart. I know I am going to have get up under the dash and that does NOT look like fun!! What year is your stang?
Are you sure they get wired under the dash because the end that connects under the dash should just connect into the harness that the old one came from.
I would really like to talk more about this with you. Please email me and maybe we can exchange some more info to each other.

------------------
'82 GT 351W,BBK shorties,
Comp Cam,edelbrock intake
625 cfm carter carb. c-4 tranny w/ pro stick shifter. 4 core radiator
Mallory distributor. 3:27

82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
glxstang
Registered Member

Sorry, that was (FRPP)Ford Racing Performance Parts. I saw it in their catalog and ordered it from Mustangs Unlimited. It's a complete self supporting harness that must connect to the ignition switch through the firewall. I don't think I would use the old wiring since they supply you with all new stuff.Like I said when all connections are made I have two bare wires that must go through the firewall into the dash.
Sounds like we are in the same boat.( I have a 83 5.0 GLX conv.) Hope someone jumps in and helps.
glxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 10:34 AM   #4
82 GT
Import Slayer

I was have a harness I got at the junkyard and I remember having to cut the wires that go down to the parking lights because they were some how connected into that mess of wires. There are also two wires that also connected to the wiring harness that appear to go through the firewall to the glovbox but I now think they could be for the light in the glove box.
Was it a pain in the A** to make the connections under the dash?
How much was that harness you bought..if I may ask?
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote