MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-19-2001, 10:33 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Post I'm pissed! Need immediate advice on O2 sensors-please help!

Never in my life did I think that this project of mine would be so f'n aggrevating and painful to my pocket! Today I brought my car down to the exhaust shop to get the H-pipe modified to fit the 351W swap headers. I get the car back and the H-pipe looks great. Then I get under the car at home and realize that the guy at the shop chopped off my collectors where the boss for the f#@$'n O2 sensors fit and customized it to fit the car but didn't put the holes for the O2 sensors in the pipe! Now I'm really pissed. It seems like every time I take 1 step forward I'm taking 2 steps backwards! Now I have a perfect fitting H-pipe with NO SLOTS for the O2 sensors. I still can't believe it. I started the day with a H-pipe that had O2 sensor bosses that wouldn't fit around the SFI bellhousing and now I have a perfect fitting H-pipe with no boss for O2 sensors. My question is how hard is it to weld the boss from the original pipe to the the custom H-pipe, and if it can't be done can the car run efficiently without the O2 sensors?? I know that O2 sensors are vital to keeping the air/fuel ratio around 14.7:1 but can the car run well without them?? Ho do you guys with the long-tubes run the O2 sensors?? Thanks in advance. this really sucks, man. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm thinking about selling the whole project.

------------------
Finally DONE!!
93 GT, 393 stroker, Dynamic Roller Mite C4, 8 pt cage,
Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's,
'69 351W block w/SCAT crank.
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 11:14 PM   #2
WADS56
gear banger

It's easy. Summit, Jegs, or any other speed shop can get them for you. The easy way would be to go the the hardware store with your o2 sensor and find a nut that will thred on the sensor. Drill a hole into the collecters and then weld them on. Should cost you 50 cents and a hour of your time.

------------------
NA 347 W/ stage 2 Canfield heads, out of the box Victor 5.0 intake, solid roller cam, Aeromotive fuel system.
MY CAR http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1288
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:01 AM   #3
Killercanary
Registered Member

Thumbs up

What was said above will work, just make sure you don't put them too far back that the wires become too short, otherwise you will need extensions.

------------------
1995 NA GT CONVERTIBLE
BEST ET: 13.27
BEST MPH: 105.17
AFR's, FTI cam, edelbrock intake, and lots more.
http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary

Killercanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 10:53 AM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

I'm still trying to figure out what modifications needed to be made for the swap headers. They're called swap headers since they line up with the h-pipe. If they didn't, how the hell could they be swap headers. I'm just baffled.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 12:12 AM   #5
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

I wish I knew. I"m thinking that it was the H-Pipe that was wrong from the beginning. Maybe it was for a 4.6?? All I'm saying is that it's cheaper for me to mod what I have than spend $$ on shipping this stuff. She'll be all set tomarrow night...hopefully. The bosses for the O2 sensors are in but now the rest of the exhaust has to be modified to fit with the Flowmasters.
Quote:
Originally posted by jimberg:
I'm still trying to figure out what modifications needed to be made for the swap headers. They're called swap headers since they line up with the h-pipe. If they didn't, how the hell could they be swap headers. I'm just baffled.

Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote