MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
stng87
Registered Member

Post Im stumped

I have had enough with this turn signal. Right now they dont work at all. Im not sure if its the flasher or what. It has to be because all the lights work but the blinker. Emergency flashers too. So the bulbs are fine.

Now I've heard that the flasher is by the glove box. Mine is definately not there. Its a 87' if it matters. It might be right above the steering column but I replaced it with no luck. Where should the flasher be for sure?

------------------
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, adj. FPR, rebuilt aod w/shift kit, 65mm TB, 4.10's 12.90's at best probably less.
*** AOD's
Semper Fi
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 08:14 AM   #2
88GT5.013.02

They like to put them in very hard to find places from the factory. Take a flashlight, take off the driver's side kick panel. Look along the side underneath where the kick panel used to be. Sometimes they glue them to the metal in there so they don't bounce around. I am not for sure, but check there.
Old 04-12-2001, 03:53 PM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

the flasher is in the fuse box. its a big metal thing that doesnt look like a fuse.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 04:27 PM   #4
gray87GT
Registered Member

I have an 87 also and don't know where it is. In my 87 ranger it has the normal round flasher, the stang has a round spot for one but it is not there.
gray87GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 05:36 PM   #5
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

i had the exact same problem a while back, have you pulled off or messed with any part of your guage cluster area? mine did it after i replaced my heater core and had the whole dash out, turs out it was the emergency flasher switch on the dash that wasnt quite in all the way, try pushing it in and moving it around a little, along with your other switches up there too, just for the record, my flasher was missing from my fuse panel for some reason and it was mounted behind the panel under the steering column, it was pretty hard to find, good luck with it

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, Explorer intake, pulleys, Crane 1.7's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after rocker and intake install
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 06:43 PM   #6
stng87
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveohpatrol:
i had the exact same problem a while back, have you pulled off or messed with any part of your guage cluster area? mine did it after i replaced my heater core and had the whole dash out, turs out it was the emergency flasher switch on the dash that wasnt quite in all the way, try pushing it in and moving it around a little, along with your other switches up there too, just for the record, my flasher was missing from my fuse panel for some reason and it was mounted behind the panel under the steering column, it was pretty hard to find, good luck with it

youre right, I had just installed white face guages before the problem. Ive played with all the stupid relays, flashers and no luck, also founf that darn one behind the fuse box. Jeez, i was annoyed to find out that it wa THERE.

stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote