MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-16-2002, 06:37 PM   #1
Grn92LX
Registered Member

Question I'm thinking rear control arms as my next mod, lets talk....

I want to get this car hooking both on the track and on the sreet. I run nitto drags in the back. I am realy thinking about going HPM mega bite jr lower with HPM adjustable uppers. I also have the lower tq box reinforcement kit to go in also. With the adj uppers, my pinion angle would be able to be set. What should it be set to for a street daily driver that see's the track once a month and "plays around" on the street?

Where can this kit be bought for best price? I may not be able to instal this stuff my self, so I may have to pay labor. What do you think would be a normal price and how long would it take? Lets say I try it myself, how hard is it? I know if I do it myself, I would not be able to set the pinion angle myself, i'd have to have a shop do that. Is that costly?

What are your opinions on my proposed rear suspension combo? I also have tokico lowering springs and tokico non-adj shocks. I know there not drag oriented, but the feel and lowered look I like so I dont wanna change springs/shocks.

Mike
Old 06-16-2002, 09:49 PM   #2
rbatson

I have the mega bite jrs and I actually put those on myself, some years back(tranny guy let me use one of his lifts). I like them and they have 2 settings, 80 and 120(from what I remember) 80 for the street and 120 for the track. I still have the stock uppers and I hear they are a real pain to change. You may have to heat up the uppers.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:42 PM   #3
Grn92LX
Registered Member

Question

How do they have 2 setting?

Any other comments? where can I buy them for best price?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:30 PM   #4
rbatson

There are 2 holes on the plate, each at a different angle. One is for the street and one is for the track.. Funny thing is, when I ordered them I didn't know they had 2 settings but they did..

I was just looking at an Holcomb ad and they advertise the jrs at $249.95 and the adjustable lowers at $309.95.. hmmm... seems either I was mistaken and ordered the mega bites ooorrr they sent me the wrong ones(that would be a first, a mistake in my favor). Been so long but.. I remember wanting the jrs.

As far as the cheapest price... I don't even see them in Summit, try Jegs. You're going to have to go through a mustang mag from cover to cover to find the best price.