MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-04-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
Fried One
Registered Member

Default To improve suspension...ride quality????

I feel my car not handling the bumps so good anymore. I did replace all four shocks a few years ago. Lowered 1.5'' I installed a bump steer bushing. Replaced the end link bushings with polyurethane end link bushings. I also replaced the upper and lower rear control arms with a nice set from MAC. Other than replacing the shocks what else can I replace to improve my suspension. I also installed a strut tower brace and have welded in sub frame connectors. My car is getting up in age but it is still in very good condition with 187K on the clock. I kow my quad shocks need replacing but that does not effect ride quality right. It is more to control wheel hop.Any sugestions . Thanks.
Fried One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #2
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default Re: To improve suspension...ride quality????

your right about the quad shocks, just for wheel hop and usually dont go bad.

what shocks/springs did you put in and how many miles on them?

what are your future plans for the car? daily driver? occational drag? road race? since u want to put money into it, build it the way u want it now IMO
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #3
Fried One
Registered Member

KYB gas shocks with progessive rate springs lowered 1.5''.I can't say off hand how many km's on them. I will have to o through my paperwork to check. My plans well I want to ensure a good tight ,responsive ride as it is a daily driver. My car was 12 years old in May of this year. So the parts that I did not replace will surely be getting up in age . So I want to renew those that I can that will not cost me an arm and a leg. I want to improve on my suspension and steering. I have caster camber plates on my list of things to do list. What are your thoughts.
Fried One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:07 PM   #4
grey88gt
Registered Member

I know this sounds kinda stupid . What shape are the tires in? How old are they, how many miles ? Old tires with lots a miles and abuse will give you very harsh ride. Just my 2cents
grey88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

get some tokico blues or if u have the money, some bilsteins. the KYB's dont last long and are total crap IMO. thats why they are cheap.

did you replace the spring isolators? if u didnt change them when u put the springs in and they are original, they (or whats lest of them)are definately toast.

i would also consider replacing the front ball joints, especially if original.
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #6
aar0s
Registered Member

i thought that you could ditch the quads after you put lower control arms on?
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote