MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-16-2001, 08:26 PM   #1
-RootS-
Registered Member

Post Information about clevlord

Anybody have any information about clevlord (windsor block with modified cleveland heads)
have you ever see any of this motor ? is there any other modification to do on the motor than the heads and the intake ?

Thanks for any information
-RootS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 08:55 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

Hey finally someone by my own heart. If you're wantin to build a Clevor engine just must first condsider the cost unless you have acces to a set of good heads. The windsor short block is affordable but I have seen a set of 2v cleveland heads sell for $600 us dollars. I dont recommend this motor for the street at all. It's a breather and needs to turn high rpm's to make any power. I suggest if you are wanting to build a drag motor use the 351 block but build a 408 stroker. This can be affordable if done right.
Take a 400 crank and have the mains turned to fit the 351 journals. Get a set of good 6.25 inch rods and bore the block .030 over. This will give the big cubic inchs and a short stroke that makes alot of torque. If you add a set of cleveland heads to that youve got a strong drag motor. You will jhave to drill one hole in each head to match the water jackets in the cleveland heads. There is only one compant to my knowledge that makes an intake for this. It is Bush performance in Kansas , sorry I dont have the number. You can also make a shim from 1-8 inch plate steel and cut all the necessary holes and use two gaskets but I Dont recommend it. I say good luck and if you have any more question feel free to email me BradleyRj@hotmail.com and welcome to the finest mustang site on the net.

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 3.73's, summit rear cover. Future Mods Flex-a-lite elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley ??? d.p.carb., built t-5, e-303, pulleys, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, roll cage, ATI procharger kit for carb and then the big motor after a year or two, 408 stroker form a 351.

Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 05:45 AM   #3
agawam
Registered Member

I have one of these I didn't build it though and haven't been inside yet.I do know that there is a lot of turbulence between the intake and heads. I'm going to go a little crazy with a grinder soon and make the ports match. This is a 302w block with 351c 2v heads and a boss302 intake othre than that I can't say
agawam is offline   Reply With Quote