MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-18-2001, 11:42 PM   #1
RobertD
Registered Member

Post Injector recommendations

Well, my engine is under way! Along the way I found out that 3 of my injectors are cracked. I need replacements. I was looking at 24 lbers, but don't know if they'd be too big for my needs. Here's what I've got...

306 SB, GT-40P heads, 9.5:1 comp, roller rockers, stock cam, off-road exhaust, 190 lph fuel pump, BBK press regulator, C & L mass air meter. I'll be ditching the stock intake for a Cobra as soon as I can find a good deal and would have upped the injectors then anyways. In the meantime I'll be running the stockers.

Suggestions? I can calibrate the meter to run with either, so that isn't a concern. I just don't want to saturate the car w/ fuel. I just want to be able to get the tune-up right.

------------------
Robert
91GT; 88 ASC McLaren #709
RobertD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 11:29 AM   #2
BlackFly
Registered Member

the 24lbers are fine for your combo , they are not to big as long as you calibrate the maf for them.they are not so big that you would get puddling on your set up, and they will work great on the new intake.
BlackFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 06:53 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

yup, 24lbs will be good for your setup, just remember that you will need to recalibrate your MAF, as was also previously said.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 08:50 PM   #4
exgmguy
Registered Member

Another vote for the 24's.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 10:31 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

24lb injectors are not what I'd choose if your combo is going to stay where it is. You're probably making around 260hp right now, and you could add nearly 100hp to that and still run 19lb units with an adjustable FPR. If you plan on adding a cam, and that intake (The Explorer intake will perform the same as a Cobra for $100-200 less used), you might get as much as 320hp+ out of your combo. That will put you towards the upper end of the 19lb territory, so the 24's will be a decent investment. Considering you are making more than stock for hp, the computer should be able to compensate for the lower injector cycle requirements of the 24's at your current hp.

If you don't plan on running more than around 320hp or so, I'd stick with the 19's and an adjustable FPR. The spray pattern will be better under the increased fuel pressure, which should result in a little more power, maybe even a little better fuel economy.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 10:46 PM   #6
93CobraR
Registered Member

I agree with UNIT I have quit a bit done to my car now and I'm still running the complete stock fuel system except for the adj. regulator. I think the 19's will be plenty.

------------------
87 GT, Cobra R's,GT-40 heads,Crane 2031,1.7's, Edelbrock intake, long tubes,BBK cold air, Mass air,pulleys,Pro 5.0, King Cobra,Lakewood Lift Bars,50/50's,subframes, 4.10's.
Best time 12.759
Best MPH 106.79
Best 60' 1.695

Visit my site at:
http://www.geocities.com/cobrar93_2000/MyPage.html

93CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote