MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-05-2001, 10:33 PM   #1
93GTDIN
Registered Member

Post Intake Manifold

How difficult of a mod is going from stock intake (upper and lower) to either a cobra or GT-40 (Upper and Lower) on a 1993 mustang GT? Also, which is better, GT-40, cobra, or explorer?
93GTDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 04:22 AM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

The level of difficulty varies with your level of mechanical ability and experience. I would say its very easy, but if you are asking this, then maybe it will be difficult for you? Maybe not? Give it a shot. Its not rocket science. Anyway, I would say the Cobra manifold is the best choice for you considering its price and performance add up to a good value.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 10:55 PM   #3
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Yeah I would agree on the Cobra manifold choice, however if you wanted to spring on a few more dollars, an Edelbrock Performer intake would be a better choice, espcially on a relatively stock engine.

The advantage of the Edelbrock over the GT-40, Cobra and Explorer intake is better air management. Edelbrock actually spread out the intake runners to create a more direct path to the cylinder head (with the stock dist in place it is a pretty tight squeeze. I had to trim away the back part of my rubber distributor boot in oreder to get the boot and dist to clear the manifold).

The only down side to the whole Edelbrock install is that damn silly bolt in the floor of the upper manifold.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote