MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-30-2002, 02:56 PM   #1
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default Intake Question?

In a supercharged application which intake would work,TFS STREET,or a PORTED TRUCK LOWER with a DOWNS FORD BOX UPPER, have both would like to get some advise on which to use.The motor has alot of mods,from head to toe.
DSS306 SHORTBLOCK,STAGE2 VICTOR JR. HEADS,AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM,TFS INTAKE,50# INJECTORS,MSD6AL,D-1 PROCHARGER,TKO TRANS.,CENTERFORCE CLUTCH,MAC LONGTUBE HEADERS,FLOWMASTERS,OFF-ROAD H-PIPE,3.73 GEARS, 6 POINT ROLL CAGE, ALL IN A 1995 GTS
jason 95gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 05:53 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

well it is not that Ez to tell you what the best Intake is for your car......they both should work fine it really is some what of a Guess when one says they KNOW that this Inatek will work best... get one and see How you like it.... good Luck on your seek for the Most power
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 08:55 AM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Wouldn't the street heat give you more bottom end torque than the Down's Boxed upper?
I don't know anything about the truck lower.

Maybe Consider the TFS Track Heat or TFS "R" intake. I've also heard the Holley intake flows very well. If you have heads that flow well maybe you should consider this intake too?

Sorry I have more questions than answers for you.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:59 AM   #4
WADS56
gear banger

Most of the time a box upper will not out perform the others unless you are running 15#'s or more of boost on a small cubic inch application.
Wade
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:08 PM   #5
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I think the TFS Street heat intake would be better than a ported truck lower with the downs box. the downs box creates alot of hp up in the upper rpm ranges..but kills low end, and mid range. And also i'd like to say that i'm sorry for the way i flamed you..didn't mean for it to get out of hand like that. Hope we can be friends..instead of enemies.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:18 PM   #6
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default Thanks

Thanks Eric ,I didn't mean all those things I said, just pissed at the world, bad day . I have alot of respect for guys like you that make all that power from a small block ford, just wanted some feed back on my problem and took your response the wrong way , sorry ,and thanks for the input.
DSS306 SHORTBLOCK,STAGE2 VICTOR JR. HEADS,AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM,TFS INTAKE,50# INJECTORS,MSD6AL,D-1 PROCHARGER,TKO TRANS.,CENTERFORCE CLUTCH,MAC LONGTUBE HEADERS,FLOWMASTERS,OFF-ROAD H-PIPE,3.73 GEARS, 6 POINT ROLL CAGE, ALL IN A 1995 GTS
jason 95gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:10 AM   #7
WheelsUp
Registered Member

Thumbs up hmmmmmm

Ok couple of opinions I can offer here on this subject. First off with a blower you are still going to have that torque down low,if your car is setup pretty good.
The Downs/truck combo will make some great hp upstairs if you can turn the engine that high to really take advantage of it.
The Holley Systemax is a great intake for blown applications,just look at FFW Renegade,and NMRA Renegade all the blower cars there are running the Systemax intake.The TFS R that is a great intake also,can't go wrong there,but be advised it has huge ports,and it will test that blowers ability to fill them up.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:24 PM   #8
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Dittos on what WheelsUp said...

However, since you have both... try 'em both at the track and see which one wins and post the results for us.

I would say the truck lower/downs upper would win at the track since you won't see any of the lower rpm range... on the street? Hmmm, prolly the TFS?

Take advantage of having both intakes and learn something about your combo in the process... and be kind enough to share your experience with us forumites! Just a thought

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote